Study Coordinator Job at Impact Research and Development Organization
Vacancy #: IRDO/ST/RES/1/2018
Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a registered Kenyan NGO with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in 6 counties of Kenya. IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate public health research and intervention program that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced personnel to immediately fill the following position:
The successful candidate will be the overall in-charge of all aspects of study implementation.
He/She will ensure data of the highest quality are collected; specifically, s/he will support the efforts of the PIs, other study investigators, research manager and internal monitor In ensuring timely enrollment and retention of study participants.
- Support the development of the study protocol and associated documents including consent forms and questionnaires.
- Oversee submission processes to regulatory bodies including ethics review committees.
- Prepare and oversee compliance with standard operating procedures for study activities.
- Conduct community entry activities: participate in hiring and training of study staff: and oversee participants recruitment end data collection, entry and submission.
- Supervise study staff and ensure they follow study protocol and SOPs.
- Prepare and submit reports; and participate In data analysis end writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
- Degree in project management, social or community studies, public health or related field: Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of research experience, three in leadership position(s).
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and/or publications in peer-reviewed journals.
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and day telephone numbers of two professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 3rd January, 2019.
Remember to indicate the Vacancy Number for the position you are applying for on your envelope (if bend delivered) or in the email subject line (if application is sent via email).
The Human Resources Manager
Impact Research and Development Organization
P.O Box 9171-40141