Grade: IRA 5
Immediate Supervisor: Head of Section
Carrying out on site and off site supervision of regulated entities
- Carry out risk profiling of regulated entities.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and report on the risk status of each of the regulated entities
- Carry out offsite and on site surveillance of the regulated entities
- Analyse any requests for approval under the Insurance Act
- Analyse and recommend approval of reinsurance programme
- Analyse applications and recommend for registration and licensing of regulated entities in accordance with the requirements of the Insurance Act
- Analysis of annual accounts for regulated entities
- Process lien applications as provided under the Insurance Act
Policy development and Implementation
- Participate in the formulation and development of policies and procedures
- Participate in the coordination of training for members of the industry.
- Coordinate development and growth of insurance agency force at the counties
- Assist in the preparation of policy papers, briefs and board papers.
- Monitor the implementation of performance contract issues and the strategic plan in the Technical division.
- Bachelors’ degree in economics, insurance, accounting, actuarial or equivalent;
- Professional qualification i.e. AIIK, ACII, CPA, ACCA, or equivalent qualification;
- Member of a professional body
- Proficiency in ICT
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Seven (7) years’ experience in the insurance industry, audit or accounting;
- Experience in analysis of financial and statistical reports; and
- Experience in analysis of financial and statistical reports.Good communication and reporting skills;
- Good supervision skills;
- Strong organization and inter personal skills; and
- Good analytical, investigative, auditing and inspection skills
- Ethical and integrity;
- Strategic thinking and team player; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly stating the job title and reference number for the position) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your certificates and testimonials by 5.00pm on 26th November 2018 to:
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.