Director Supply Chain Management Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, County Government Jobs, Uasin Gishu County Jobs
Advert Number CPSB/DIR/SCM/03
- This will be the overall head of Supply Chain Management in the County
- The duties at this level entail assisting the Chief Officer Finance, CECM Finance and Economic Planning and the Governor in the day to day duties, innovation and design of supply chain management strategies and translating them into policies.
- Introducing systems that will facilitate effective and efficient management of supply chain management function in the County.
- Providing of guidelines on the supply chain management policy matters to the departments
- Developing regulatory framework and standards on supply chain management in the county.
- Update exiting rules and regulations in line with changing environment such as laws and related statutes
- Implementation of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 and its regulation 2016.
- Preparing Professional opinions to the County Officers on all supply chain management matters with the county.
- Approval of all transactions both manually and electronically
- Coordinate the administration of scheme of service for supply chain management personnel and reviewing of curriculum for the public sector materials management programs in the county,
- A Bachelors Degree in any of the following: – Commerce (procurement option), Business administration (procurement option), Procurement and supply chain management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Seven (7) years’ experience, Three (3) years of which must have been in a senior management level in an institution either in public or private sector
- Must be a member of CIPS or KISM
- Must have attended Senior Management Course for a period not less than Four (4) Weeks.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in organization and management of supply chain Management functions and possess a thorough understanding of supply chain management policies, rules, regulations and other status that impact on supply chain management.
- Ability to articulate and implement departmental and county government mandates
- Organizational, analytical, managerial and decision making skills
How to Apply