Ref. No. NRS/302/122018
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Procure goods and services for the RCU in line with icipe and World Bank policies and ensure timeliness in the process;
- Prepare procurement plans for the RCU and seek approval from the relevant authorities;
- Prepare bid documents, advertise tenders, request quotations, organise relevant meetings (including pre-bid meetings, bid evaluation meetings, contracts, committee meetings), and prepare accurate and timely reports/minutes of the meetings;
- Manage procurement logistics with partner institutions;
- Document the receipt of goods and services, and ensure user acknowledgement of the goods and services;
- Assess current RCU orders and forecast future demand, to provide adequate supplies;
- Review all RCU invoices and secure an efficient billing process and timely payment of service providers and contractors;
- Manage the disposal of goods when necessary;
- Build the procurement capacity of partner institutions;
- Facilitate the disposal of the RCU assets as per the icipe and World Bank procurement policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including Logistics or Supply Chain Management, and Business Administration from a recognised university.
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience, two of which should be in an international organisation working on procurement of goods and services.
- Able to manage overlapping projects, keep track of deadlines, and efficiently use time.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
Other desirable attributes
- Highly organised and meticulous.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Track record of impeccable integrity.
This position reports to the Procurement Manager.
The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted up to 28th February 2019. Shortlisting is ongoing. Interested applicants should submit:
(a) a confidential cover letter;
(b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses, fax numbers); and
(c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity