Service Center Support Engineer Job at Alternate Doors
Our Client in the IT industry is currently looking to hire a Service Center Support Engineer.
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Ability to take staff and/or clients through a series of preventive actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports to the Clients
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time and keeping them up to date
- Low and high end level pc, laptop and printer installation, hardware & software troubleshooting and repairs.
- Analyze and diagnose and resolve problems in real time.
- Courtesy calling existing customers to ensure business stability and Assisting with enquiries and issues affecting their operations.
- Provide real time resolution to escalated customer support inquiries;
- Ensure continuous monitoring of customer issues until they are resolved;
- Carry out proactive hardware maintenance and monitor all hosted equipment;
- Understand and convert customer technical requirements to solutions;
- Ensure IT policies and processes are followed at all times;
- Delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Participation in providing training to customers as required
- Perform any other job that may be assigned by the management.
- BSC Degree or equivalent; post graduate degree desirable
- Minimum of 3 years
- Knowledge of Windows OS, general desktop and printer support issues
- Have the necessary HP Certifications for HP Products (Desktops, Laptops, Printers and Plotter Models.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, system and application design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification.
- Provide training to internal users.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Project Management skills
- Time Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism are critical
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems in complex technical environments.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and decision making
- Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system.
- Tenacity, resilience and ability to tolerate stress
- Good troubleshooting technique
- To be able to work flexible hours when necessary
- Ability to pursue and achieve professional certifications
How to Apply
All job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email being the job they wish to apply for.