Technical Support Specialist Job at Telkom Kenya
Reporting to:Senior Manager Mobile Financial Services
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
About This Role
We are seeking an individual who is dynamic by nature and passionate about people with a track record of delivering results to join our Technology team. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration and support of services within MFS. This is a key role in the overall execution of the Technology strategy and will require an individual with excellent communication and analytical skills.
Technical Support Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues users encounter.
- Manage configuration and operation of software applications within Mobile Financial Services domain.
- Automation of complex, manual and error-prone processes.
- Monitor the daily performance of services/applications and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Manage application, database and network systems to ensure high availability and quality of services.
- New requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation.
- Provide proactive and reactive data, application and hardware management support.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Work with various teams to prepare a technology roadmap and be responsible for delivery of the same.
- Manage vendors to ensure delivery of product & service quality.
- Onboard and support integration partners in a bid to build a digital payments ecosystem.
- Report on project status, and service performance regularly.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
Requirements for the Technical Support Specialist Job
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical field from accredited university.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- Proven working experience as a system administrator on Unix/Linux.
- Proven working experience as a network administrator (Cisco certification).
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications (Oracle, MYSQL, POSTGRESSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 23rd October 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.