Swimming Pool/Gym Attendant Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Lavington Hotel Jobs
You will be serving the needs of the business and guests by effective service delivery in the pool area to ensure guest satisfaction and safety. Your key duties and responsibilities are to work with colleagues in all departments to ensure efficient operation and timely service at the pool area in line with the best service standards.
You will ensure the adequate supply of pool towels, cleanliness, and attractiveness of the pool area, as well as maintain neat and tidy furniture arrangement. You will be upselling food and beverage around the poolside area to maximize guest satisfaction and revenues for the property.
You will also be looking after the cleanliness of the gym and attending to guest’s requests in gym and monitor the use of gym equipment.
Prepare a fitness training schedule suitable for all guests and train them.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the hotels standards operating procedures and brand attributes.
- Greet all guests upon arrival, at the pool and the gym and distribute towels, offer assistance with seating, and delivering consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations, and providing all other supporting services..
- Knowledgeable of pool facility such as length and depth of all pools, how many laps it takes to make complete a mile in meters and feet etc.
- Pool side bar hours of operation, location of facilities, and emergency procedure for rescue.
- Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services to answer guest inquiries.
- Willing to take ownership of all guest requests and complaints, try to resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guests satisfaction.
- Identify and report defects throughout the pool and spa area, notify supervisors and concerned departments immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Ensure swimming pools and the complete gym area is clean at any times and report any maintenance issues to engineering department.
- Ensure the pool deck is swept and watered down and that all furniture is in the correct place, when setting up in the morning.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of resuscitation, first aide, and CPR/PR techniques.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others at the gym and pool area.
- Knowledge of swimming pool equipment sufficient to be able to perform minor maintenance work on the equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of gym and also pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, towels, replacing flags, and cleaning signs.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent pool safety programs, training, and documentation to ensure the overall safety of guests in the pool area.
- Work closely with other departments that are essential to ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Observes and patrols pool and gym areas and also enforces safety regulations.
Skills and Other Competencies
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in pool maintenance, life guard and fitness equipment.
- Must be ethical and uphold the highest degree of integrity.
- Must be punctual and dedicated.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Hospitality Skills
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Can work under pressure
- Flexibility to work various shifts including evenings and weekend
- At least 1 year’s work experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel
- Education Qualification
- Must have a life guard certificate
- A certificate in physical fitness/physical Education is an added advantage
- First Aid training
- Have undergone a Fire, Life and Safety Training