Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Assignment Editor will be responsible for the following: –
- Oversees news gathering process (Editorial Desk & ENG Reporters) and logistics for all of our news platforms.
- Takes strong lead in breaking news coverage and pre-packaged stories/ features.
- Aggressively coordinate how enterprise stories are sought including actualizing documentaries or mini-documentaries.
- Ensures that the Editorial Desk monitors social media and builds content for our web site and other socialmedia handles.
- Reacts aggressively and decisively to breaking news with or without management present bearing in mind our target audience.
- Builds strong sources in the community.
- Co-ordinate the Editorial Desk, anchors and reporters.
- Working closely with the Editorial Desk and ENG reporters on angles to stories as they develop and packaged features.
The ideal candidate must have a proven experience as an Assignment Editor or relevant role with at least 5 years’ experience in a newsroom and at least 2 as an assignment editor.
- Graduate in Journalism / Mass Communication or related field
- Exceptional editing ability and analytics.
- Forthright, passionate, self-driven, strategic thinker and meticulous.
- Interrogates media law and ethics.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work odd hours and adapt to a shift rota.
- Team player and ability’
How to Apply