System Administrator Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Computer Engineering Jobs, Kabete National Polytechnic Jobs
Job Group L
This position is responsible for installation, upkeep, configuration and reliable operations and maintenance of business enterprise system for effective delivery of services in the Polytechnic.
- Coordinate the automation process and user support activities to ensure effective delivery of the ICT services to the Polytechnic.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing components such as computer hardware, system software, application software and all configuration to ensure system dependent institution operations functions as per SLA’S.
- Ensure that virus protection software is installed in all computers and are updated regularly.
- Perform regular diagnosis, trouble shooting and resolve hardware and software problems that may slow down or fail operations in the Polytechnic.
- Analyse information to determine, recommend and plan installation of new systems or modification of an existing system.
- Monitor and minimize software deviations through test routine system backups and restores to ensure optimum system.
- Conduct regular network and security audits to continuously manage systems security to avoid data loss.
- Assess, gather and analyses user needs and requirements and provide solutions on daily basis.
- BSc in Information Technology or Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum grade of B plain in KCSE
- 5 years’ experience as a system Administrator
- Professional certification in Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Proficient skills in hardware configuration not limited to firewall, routers, switches, wires and other essential equipment.
- Knowledge of IP addressing and some common networking protocols like IPv4 and IPv6.
- Knowledge in script language like python, pearl and PHP
- Experience with networks LAN, WAN) VLAN configuration and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e .g intrusion detection systems)
- Skills to Manage and optimize the use of windows servers while backing up / recovering all the important data.
- Knowledge of databases and database servers like MySQL and Sql Server.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
All Applications should include a cover letter, CV, Copies Certificates and Testimonials to be addressed to:
The Chief Principal,
Kabete National Polytechnic,
P.O. BOX 29010-00625,
All applications should be received by 11th June 2019.
KNP is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.