System Administrator Jobs, ICT Jobs, NGO Jobs, Save the Children Jobs
Contract Duration: 2 year
As part of their long term strategy, Save the Children is building regional hubs of technology specialists to service their global IT needs. This role is part of the Nairobi technology hub focused on delivering a global service to all Save the Children countries.
The Nairobi team will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso.
- Developing and maintaining existing & new modules of the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso. The primary focus will be on implementing new functionality in the FMS system, as directed by the SCI global strategy.
- Responsible for business analysis, requirement, design & developments, in accordance with agreed FMS Development plans and enhancement priorities from end users, ensuring appropriate and timely engagement of key stakeholders. (80% of role)
- Develop new functionality or make enhancements to existing functionality as per business requirements.
- Ensure that all system changes are scalable to the full size of SCA user base (25000 staff)
- Ensure a full business analysis phase is mapped out and documented for all planned changes
- Ensure that there is compatibility between all SCA instances where new enhancements are made
- Ensure that all designs and technical specifications are fully documented
- Ensure that all enhancements are signed off with agreed costs and timescales with sponsors
- Provide system reports and address enquiries in accordance with business requirements
- Manage all interfaces between applications and deal with any rejections or validation errors accordingly.
- Create and maintain configuration management items.
- Support and document applications in line with any approved system changes
- Assist with on-boarding new country offices, which will share Save the Children platforms
- Business partner key stakeholders to capture new business requirements and prioritise for future development
- Shared responsibility for support for global users at centre, Regional, Country and Sub-Office levels, which includes logging and management of 3rd/4th level support calls with the Agresso vendor, Unit4. (10% of role)
- Proactively check all support ticket system queues and participate fairly within the global shared support model, when rostered to be part of the 2nd & 3rd line Support team.
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that all support tickets are responded to within the appropriate SLA
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that tickets are escalated through tiers of support as per technical guidance
- Ensure that vendor is engaged and meeting SLAs where appropriate in tickets that require vendor escalation
- Ensure that feedback is given to the Senior FMS System Administrator about the vendor so that they can appropriately manage the vendor contracts
- Responsible for collaborating with the Global IT Team and other Agresso SME’s to ensure that system availability and performance is maximised. (5 % of role)
- Shared responsibility for the availability of the platform meeting agreed SLAs
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that the platform is up to date with all appropriate critical software patches
- Shared responsibility for ensuring that the vendor code is at an up to date version
- Occasional requirement to carry out regression testing to ensure that live FMS operations are safeguarded at all times. (5 % of role)
- Responsibility for participating in user regression testing where required.
- Ensure that all test feedback are documented in the bug tracking system
- The role will also be responsible for being part of the 2nd & 3rd line support queue, helping support analysts to resolve problem which require source code analysis, or advanced business knowledge.
- The FMS System Administrator may be required to deputise for the Senior FMS System Administrator when (s)he is out of the office, along with other FMS Administrators in other regions.
- The FMS System Administrator will work closely with country, regional and centre based finance teams to provide reporting and analytical information to assist in the running of an efficient and effective finance global function.
- The FMS System Administrator will work with the FMS Technical Architect and other FMS Administrators in other locations to provide a reliable, scalable and performant Agresso system to all SCI countries and those members that participate in the shared service.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Proven technical skills in a mainstream programming language, or database system (cross training will be provided if required)
- Good T-SQL language skills
- Strong understanding of the business processes of a financial Management systems preferably an ERP.
- Experience of solving complex business and technical issues through trouble shooting and analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- A desire to work on an enterprise level ERP / finance system based on the Microsoft stack (Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, IIS)
- Ability to explain complex technical and non-technical information in a succinct and compelling manner to all levels of seniority.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an IT development role
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as IT, Finance, Mathematics (candidates without such qualifications will be considering if they can demonstrate appropriate technical skills as shown in the experience and skills section)
- Proven experience in implementing and managing Agresso applications
- Experience with any of the following Agresso modules: Financials, Project Costing & Billing, Inventory Accounting, Accounts Payable, Planner, Workflow
- Track record of administering & supporting applications in a complex global organisation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
How to Apply