System Performance Engineer Jobs, Banking Jobs, ICT Jobs, Co-operative Bank Jobs
At Co-operative Bank “The Kingdom bank”, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Imagine what you could do here.
We’re looking for a System Performance Engineer who is confident in their ability to conduct system monitoring and performance benchmarking to ensure system reliability, capacity handling, availability and uptime. The engineer should be able to use industry enterprise solutions to monitor systems availability as well as continuously update measurement metrics to much business growth. The engineer should also be able to conduct performance and load tests to determine the ability of the systems to maintain availability under stress.
Reporting to the Head of ICT Quality Assurance, the role holder will be responsible undertaking system performance measurements with the aim of monitoring availability and uptime using banks enterprise tools and product specific simulators to determine any variations and prompt correction.
- Work with internal customers to translate nonfunctional requirements into real world user scenarios to simulate the transactions and volumes the system and set system performance baselines.
- Work closely with product owners and support engineers, designers, developers and other testers to determine systems performance thresholds against which continuous measurements will be done.
- Conduct day to day monitoring and analysis of the systems and ensure the findings are relayed to system owners and track the implementation of service tuning to ensure that the application / products are within defined thresholds.
- Conduct system monitoring and performance benchmarking to ensure system reliability, capacity handling, availability and uptime as well as creating and maintaining a systems availability dashboard showing availability status using an enterprise solution (HP ITSM).
- Use industry enterprise solutions to monitor systems availability as well as continuously update measurement metrics to much business growth.
- Conduct performance and load tests to determine the ability of the systems to maintain availability under stress.
- Perform proactive review of applications and systems performance metrics and alerts to ensure event correlation and trend analysis are performed on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain robust, reusable data for performance tests using open source and enterprise solutions e.g Jmeter and Load Runner scripts.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related degree from a recognized university.
- 5+ years of programing/ system engineering experience with 2 years systems monitoring experience with at least one year of using any performance management tools.
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix and Linux with experience in using monitoring solutions such as HP ITSM.
- A good understanding of relational databases, particularly SQL Server and Oracle coupled with experience in relational data modeling, data management and data processing.
- Excellent understanding of programming languages and other programming tools particularly Visual Basic, C#, Java, HTML/CSS, XML and experience in software development (Java, Dot Net development) knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good knowledge of basic architecture components of systems such as systems integration, communication protocols and database connections and how they relate to the performance of applications.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number “SPE/SSD/2019” by 5th March, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer.