Reporting to the Manager- Infrastructure Support, the position holder will be responsible for System support, monitoring and administration of Safaricom UNIX/Linux based servers and Storage. This includes general system administration tasks, software and hardware support, system configuration, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, skills transfer and customer management. Configuration management and documentation.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting servers based on UNIX/Linux and Virtualization. This includes response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues;
- Analysis of server hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching;
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems;
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery;
- Provide solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business;
- Backup, hardware and software assurance;
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures;
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components;
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4 years experience as Systems administrator in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed Windows, UNIX/Linux, SAN/NAS and Virtualized environment;
- Strong in UNIX/Linux Servers and Storage Systems Administration including certification;
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, IBM AIX, Linux Enterprise, Server Hardware and Storage;
- Knowledge in SAN and NAS is desirable;
How to Apply