Assistant Public Health Officer III Job at the County Government of Tana River
The County Public Service Board of Tana River in collaboration with the department of Health and Sanitation pursuant to section 66 of the County Government Act of 2012 wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the County Public Service:
Terms of service: All positions shall be on Permanent and pensionable terms of service.
Remuneration: As prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC).
J/G ‘H’ (8 Posts)
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Diploma in Environmental Health Science or Public Health Technology from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
- Be a registered and active member of relevant regulatory body.
An officer at this level will provide Environmental Health Extension services in the area of deployment, where specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Mobilizing, sensitizing and advising communities on matters related to environmental health;
- Referring health cases to relevant health facilities;
- Carrying out immunization;
- Identifying environmental health issues at Household level;
- Organizing community health days to advise communities on common public health issues;
- Collecting and maintaining up to date records of services rendered;
- Assessing health needs of the community; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as shall be assigned from time to time.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should visit our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies for details and job application form which should be downloaded and duly filled. Candidates should also attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary / C.E.O.
Tana River County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 21st December, 2018.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Public Service Board of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Persons Living with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.