Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Special Needs Education Teachers – 13 positions
Location: Seven in Dadaab and Six in Kakuma
- Hearing Impairment (4 in Kakuma; 5 in Dadaab)
- Visual Impairment (2 in Kakuma; 2 in Dadaab)
Contract term: 7 Months contract with possibility for extension
- Increase access to extracurricular academic support programs for vulnerable refugee girls in upper primary, particularly girls with special needs and over-aged learners
- Enhance ability of teachers to deliver high-quality education using gender-responsive pedagogy and inclusive teaching methods
- Improve the accessibility of digital teaching and learning materials for secondary school students and teachers
The project works in Kakuma and Dadaab Refugee Camps and the surrounding host communities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, (Special Needs Education)
- 3 years’ experience teaching students with disabilities in a Secondary School with proven performance and outstanding results.
- Registered with the Teachers Service Commission
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- A strong passion and commitment to work with and for persons with disabilities.
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and insecure environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Flexible, with ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills with ability to work hands-on, independently, and within teams in a difficult work environment.
- Strong communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with staff and students from diverse cultures
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter quoting reference number 35/18 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resource Department,
Windle International – Kenya,
P O Box 40521-00100
on or before Monday 19th November 2018.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
WIK is an equal opportunity employer.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.