Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Program Director, the individual will be responsible for providing technical support in the implementation of clinical care in paediatric HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in coordination with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and CHS staff, especially in adolescent and paediatric HIV care including care for HIV exposed infants and paediatric TB, under the SHINDA Project.
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of work plans
- Provide technical support in the design and implementation of paediatric and adolescent HIV programs
- Provide technical support to a team of implementing officers in CHS and to MOH staff including training and mentorship
- Capacity building of clinical team on paediatric matters through CMEs, mentorship and dissemination of new knowledge
- Liaising with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in the implementation of the program in line with Ministry of Health guidelines and priorities
- Take part in drafting CHS quarterly and annual reports and other written materials such as lessons learned, case studies and other materials as required
- Development of job aids, tools and materials as needed including CMEs for use at facility level to support health care workers to provide paediatric HIV services
- Assisting in program monitoring and evaluation and use of data to inform program planning and continuous improvement as well as research as needed
- Represent CHS in various forums including technical working groups
- Any other duties assigned by the Program Director
- Medical degree and a master’s degree in paediatrics and child health
- MPH is an added advantage
- Minimum of three years working experience in development programs with significant TA experience in public health programs; HIV/AIDS program experience preferred
- Working experience in donor funded public health program is an added advantage
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships with project staff, donors, sub-contractors and other partners
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Technical Advisor – Paediatrics/Adolescents, by 5.00PM Friday, January 25, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.