Technical Director Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Our client is an established Property Development & Management company. They seek to hire a seasoned, efficient and results oriented Technical Director. He will be responsible for all activities pertaining to personnel, finance, and contracts as well as ensuring that the company’s projects run smoothly and are in compliance with all regulations.
Industry: Real Estate
Technical Director Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the MD/Board for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of the company’s projects through sound fiscal management.
- Oversee preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensure proper requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects
- Review budget estimates and cost tracking reports whilst closely monitoring progress.
- Provide leadership while liaising with project’s supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Evaluate and review construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans
- Provide efficient and effective operational leadership for the business
- Spearhead all technical initiatives and strategies in support of the business revenue activities.
- Set aggressive and achievable, operational and/or performance goals for each department which is tied to long-term company goals.
Skills and Qualifications for the Technical Director Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 7 –10 years senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff
- Must have a good understanding of the property development and construction industry
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of projects
- Good customer service and public relations skills
- Should be goal oriented and have a proven track of leadership
How to Apply