Technical Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, KIRK TV Jobs
KIRK TV is a faith-based television station established to enrich the viewers holistically by addressing personal, family, faith, health, environment, youth as well as national issues. The station will be based on Biblical foundations with the close partnership of stakeholders.
The station’s main aim is to impact society by entrenching values as well as advocate for environmental and national issues. The approach will be based on solid Biblical foundation and Christian values where the nature of the programming will be authentic, relevant, interdenominational and will also have international/universal appeal.
Main Purpose Of The Job
Responsible for the day to day support, maintenance & operations of a broadcasting and IT department including, managing and overseeing the budgetary and work activities of the broadcasting team, providing technical support and implementing broadcasting plans that include studio operations, transmission activities and maintenance functions.
- To put in place an effective studio system support and equipment maintenance plan.
- To manage the TV production crew and all its technical and budgetary requirements on any given television production.
- Organizes all the Television Production Operators (the TV crew), takes care of ‘day-to-day’ shift roster and staff issues in the television studio productions.
- Supervises the physical aspects of the production (not the creative aspects), including operations personnel (technical operators), technology, associated budgets and studio as well as crew scheduling.
- Makes sure that the scheduled production takes place within acceptable technical parameters and standards and that the right crew is assigned for the right productions.
- Takes responsibility for creating the studio workflow structures, reviewing daily work schedules and performing resource management across both freelance and permanent crews (technical operators).
- Prepares production plans in accordance with set operational procedures ensuring sufficient time allocation into studio and job fit of crew versus the type of production on hand.
- Regularly keeps management informed about the status of Television Studio Production and Operational Requirements.
- Responsible for the management of ‘day-to-day budget’ associated with the above, keeping operating costs, ad-hoc and everyday equipment rentals within check.
- Evaluates technology proposals and solutions to establish appropriateness of solutions and standards.
- Reviews all technical services offered to the Free to Air Television and suggests alternative solutions.
- Supervises the daily studio debriefs, ensuring that appropriate studio reports are generated, on time and that all the technical details are fully completed and distributed to internal stakeholders.
- Can be assigned to draw up technical plans including block diagrammatic representation of broadcast systems and proposals.
- Can be assigned to evaluate technical systems and applicable standards, including the development of television broadcast production house formats and SOP’s
- Supervising staff in the department and training them
- Overall technical office maintenance e.g.: ACs, projectors, phone lines, IT issues, presentation gadgets, printers, power back up systems, among others.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering OR
- Broadcast Television Media Qualification in Technical Operations, Computer Systems with strong technical background in TV Studio Operations or Television Broadcast Technology environment.
- General Management or Leadership qualification will be an added advantage.
- 7-10 Years’ experience in the Broadcast Industry
- The incumbent needs a solid understanding of the technical processes involved in television production, including all the functional blocks that make up the studio systems, MCR, video switchers, audio production consoles, camera, lighting, graphics, editing, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills using the correct television studio terminology as it applies in broadcasting.
- Have a methodical approach in dealing with complex broadcast projects.
- Have strong IT skills and excellent knowledge of relevant computer packages.
- Must possess the technical knowhow to access relevant television broadcast technical, operational and production information for dissemination to all parties concerned.
- Must keep abreast of technology and must constantly be on the lookout for new industry broadcast operations and production techniques.
How To Apply
Qualified Candidates to apply by forwarding their Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 14th October 2019
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or interviewing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted