Technical Manager Jobs, Technical Jobs, NGO Jobs, Rafiki wa Maendeleo Jobs
Uyoma west water supply and sanitation services company ltd is a water service company whose mission is to provide clean, safe and affordable water to the residents of West Uyoma and its environs. The company is based in Rarieda Sub-county (Siaya County) and is in the process of recruiting qualified staff to fill the above position.
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the General Manager, the Technical Manager is expected to provide technical and managerial leadership and expert assistance to guide, coordinate, manage and monitor the Uyoma West Water, Supply and Sanitation activities, he/she must interact with a range of partners involved in the sector, maintain oversight of the overall sector impacts and ensure the efficient use of company resources.
The incumbent should have excellent leadership skills, initiative and independent judgment in supporting the design, implementation, operations & maintenance, monitoring and evaluation of UWWASCO operations. The WASH Technical Manager is responsible for providing technical and supervisory direction as well as managerial guidance to the UWWASCO water staff and contractors to ensure that UWWASCO adheres to the terms and conditions of the water regulators, partner agreements, and are achieving the development impact and results that are expected. The Technical manager works collaboratively and proactively with other technical experts in the industry.
Department: Technical Department
Direct, Co-ordinate, control and manage the Company’s Operations and Maintenance of Infrastructure and Equipment in order to supply Water and Sanitation Services to the residents of Uyoma West and its environs effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for the overall supervision to ensure proper functioning of the technical Department and its personnel ensuring that the duties are carried out in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Maintain and improve on the current sources of water, ensure regular and reliable water services delivery consistent with the available water resources; minimize water losses through regular preventive maintenance of the service delivery infrastructure.
- Investigate new sources of water and prepare plans to develop these sources to improve service delivery, monitor, on a regular basis, service delivery against planned indicators.
- Provide strategic advice for the technical planning initiatives within the organization.
- Maintain water production and inventory on reported leakage register and ensure necessary action is taken.
- Device ways to enhance on water production and reduction of non-revenue water, design and implement sound maintenance schedule of the system, coordinate installation of new collections and reconnections exercise, coordinate and develop strategy on eradication of illegal mal-practices in the field
- Prepare reports and key policy documents for discussion with relevant stake holders, participate in resource mobilization activities, budgeting and strategic planning.
- Preparation of proper documents for works. Prepare and submit proposal to donors for funding of projects within the company’s area of jurisdiction. Supervising operations and maintenance staff, and ensuring water quality and standards are met.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
- Diploma in civil/water engineering. A degree in civil/water engineering will be an added advantage.
- Three years working experience in senior management.
- Self-driven and motivated with ability to meet deadlines.
- Customer oriented and have demonstrated good leadership skills
- Good communication skills and computer literate with knowledge of AutoCAD
- Excellent presentation and networking/collaboration skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, submit your application to email@example.com -quoting the job position together with detailed CV including Day time contact, current and expected salaries, notice period required to take up an appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates/ testimonies and national ID and be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the General manager not later than close of business on 30th November 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.