Our Client is a global Christian based organization. They seek to hire a temporary accountant to support the Finance & Admin Manager in delivering the accounting and local statutory reporting organization. The role will comprise both transaction processing for invoices, expenses and recharges from other Fellowship members, together with reconciliations and management reporting for projects and other key areas.
Gross Salary: 135,998
Contract Type: 6 months with possible extention
- Responsibility for processing & paying supplier invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsibility for processing & paying staff expense claims for both credit card and cash claims in accordance with UBS policies and procedures.
- Ensuring company registrations & Licenses with various statutory and regulatory bodies are valid and adhered to.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and present the same to the Finance & Admin Manager for approval on or before the stipulated deadline.
- Reviewing and monitoring bank balances as well as projecting cash flow needs and requesting bank account refills to ensure enough cash to cover all cash requirements for transactions that go through these accounts.
- Perform regular checks and reconciliations to ensure coding is accurate, projects are in balance where relevant, and balances are legitimate.
- Management reporting for allocated projects or areas. Liaising with budget holders to understand the budget; checking regularly that all costs have been received and correctly assigned; preparing monthly (or as required) reports for the budget holder and analysing /explaining variances.
- Identifying areas for improvement and proposing solutions; assisting in the implementation of new and streamlined processes including documentation.
- Supporting the Finance & Admin Manager by generating audit schedules as required.
- Providing back-up and cover when needed for the other Accountant.
- Any other duty given by the Finance & Admin Manager.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must be at least a CPA finalist
- Female candidates encouraged to apply
- Must be comfortable working in a Christian organisation with sensitivity to the breadth of church support
- Must have experience working with accounting softwares
- High transaction processing speed coupled with demonstrable self-time management skills due to volume of payments handled.
- Team player and self-driven
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply