Temporary Driver, Driver Jobs, EPZA Jobs
Job Title: Temporary Driver
Current Grade: N/A
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Section / Unit: Administration
Location / Work station: EPZA HQ or regional offices
Reports to: Administration Officer
Responsible for managing and operating the assigned fleet unit.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Maintaining a neat work ticket.
- Ensuring safety of passengers and/or goods.
- Ensuring security of the vehicle on and off the road.
- Detecting and reporting any malfunctioning of the vehicle or motor cycle systems to the transport officer.
- Carryout routine checks like engine Oil, Coolant, Tyre Pressure before and after any journey and report any unusual observation to the transport officer.
- To comply with all the Kenyan Traffic Laws and Government Check Unit regulations.
- Ensuring overall vehicle maintenance and management.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for fleet unit assigned by the Authority
- The job holder is subject to moderate hazards and moderate physical demand.
- Experience moderate disruption to leisure
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Valid Class BCE Driving License free from any endorsement;
- Occupational Trade Test Grade II for drivers;
- Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution
Previous relevant work experience required
- Served in the grade of Driver at least three (3) years in the public service or in a reputable organization
Salary Scale for the position
Basic Salary Kshs 12,235.00
How To Apply
Shortlisted candidates for interviews must fulfil the following requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the detailed job description and the Job Application Form (to be downloaded from the “careers” section at www.epzakenya.com) and send to email@example.com attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial and National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 26th August 2019 at midnight East Africa time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.