Theatre Nurse Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Radiant Group of Hospitals Jobs
Radiant Hospital is a leading healthcare provider in Kenya and beyond. We have an enviable legacy of providing quality and affordable health care. We have 5 Branches which are conveniently located in Nairobi and its outskirt.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records relevant to nursing.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions
- Perform frequent patient evaluations, including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy, and administering medications
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans and modify the plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Prepare rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Inform the doctor of patient’s condition during hospitalization.
- Ensure emergency trays are refilled and proper handover done
- Assist the surgeons in theatre during operations.
- Ensure patient is assessed prior to surgery and alleviate their concerns.
- Ensure all supplies needed for the operation are available and sterile.
- Ensure adequate patient Evaluation in postoperative phases.
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions.
- Maintain a Theatre list for all theatre cases for planning purposes.
- Ensure highest standards of Infection control and sterility is observed in theatre at all times.
- Ensure a clear record of inventory and proper handing over.
- Report any concern in good time and machine malfunctions.
- Ensure thorough cleaning and scrubbing is done weekly and fumigation once a month.
- Proper documentation and record keeping.
- Prepare Monthly reports to include: number of cases, category and revenue.
- Ensure available rotas are being followed.
- Promote teamwork in all nursing departments.
- Communicate consultants feedback pertaining theatre services.
- Ensure adequate theatre supplies.
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN) from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years working experience as a Theatre Nurse.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- 28 years and above.
- Higher Diploma in Peri-Operative Nursing will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for as the email subject.
(Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted.)
Deadline for receiving applications will be 15th October, 2019.
Radiant Group of Hospitals is an equal opportunity employer.