Theatre Nurse Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Medical Jobs, Radiant Group of Hospitals Jobs
Radiant Hospital is a leading healthcare provider in Kenya and beyond. We have an enviable legacy of providing quality and affordable health care. We have 6 Branches which are conveniently located in Nairobi and its outskirt.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records relevant to nursing.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions
- Perform frequent patient evaluations, including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy, and administering medications
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans and modify the plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Prepare rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Inform the doctor of patient’s condition during hospitalization.
- Deliver infants and provide prenatal and postpartum care and treatment in liaison with the doctor.
- Ensure emergency trays are refilled and proper handover done
- Provide health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation of patients in the hospital.
- Manage the well-baby clinic.
- Assist the surgeons in theatre during operations.
- Ensure patient is assessed prior to surgery and alleviate their concerns.
- Ensure all supplies needed for the operation are available and sterile.
- Ensure adequate patient Evaluation in postoperative phases.
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions.
- Maintain a Theatre list for all theatre cases for planning purposes.
- Ensure highest standards of Infection control and sterility is observed in theatre at all times.
- Ensure a clear record of inventory and proper handing over.
- Report any concern in good time and machine malfunctions.
- Ensure thorough cleaning and scrubbing is done weekly and fumigation once a month.
- Proper documentation and record keeping.
- Prepare Monthly reports to include: number of cases, category and revenue.
- Ensure available rotas are being followed.
- Promote teamwork in all nursing departments.
- Communicate consultants feedback pertaining theatre services.
- Ensure adequate theatre supplies.
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
- Higher Diploma in Peri-operative Nursing.
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years working experience as a Theatre Nurse.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- 28 years and above.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for as the email subject.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.)
Deadline for receiving applications will be 12th June, 2019.