Tours & Travel Consultant Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Our client is a well established tours, travel and Events Company with over 3 years experience in handling inbound and outbound holidays not only for domestic tourists but also international tourists from all over the world.
- She/ he will be reporting to the Managing director Skills: Being amicable and approachable with flexible working hours.
- Being professional and assertive.
- Being detail oriented and comprehensive.
- Have customer service, computer knowledge, Interpersonal relationships.
- Responding to inquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs.
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to meet market demand.
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest.
- Making flight quotations.
- Doing tour bookings – both inbound and outbound.
- Ensuring KWS park rules & hotel regulations are made clear to tourists.
- Ensuring payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale.
- Creating contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates.
- Ensure bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties especially for hotels.
- Coordinating with other teams in arranging flying & ground packages.
- Making follow-ups for tour quotations.
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive Inclusions, exclusions as well as terms & conditions of a quotation should be highlighted to reduce disputes with clients
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Certificate or diploma in Tour operations or tourism management or related field.
- Over one year experience as a Tour/travel consultant in a busy environment.
- Ability to use various tours/hotel booking systems.
- IATA qualification is an additional advantage.
- Experience in outbound tours is an advantage knowledge of GDS an advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the following qualifications, kindly send your application and an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.