Tours & Travel Sales Agent Jobs, Tours & Travel Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Touchdown Safaris & Excursions Jobs
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven and passionate tours and travel sales agent whose primary role shall be to develop, market and sell domestic tours
Reporting to: the Director,
The tours and travel sales agent shall be responsible for planning holiday packages, excursions and road trips, co-ordinate entire travel experiences including itineraries, accommodation, transport, tours and visas.
- Develop local tours, safaris and excursion packages on a monthly basis
- Responding to inquiries regarding hotels & safaris within the same day
- Follow through with sales/seat filling for each package
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to meet market demand
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest
- Use social media and create materials such as E-Flyers to market the various packages developed
- Ensure that quotations are submitted in a timely manner, are complete in all details and that presentations are of the highest possible quality.
- Doing tour bookings – both inbound and outbound
- Ensuring payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale
- Creating contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates
- Ensure bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties especially for hotels
- Ensure clients’ special requests especially on accommodation & room specification, driver guide language, meals and others are pre-arranged.
- Coordinating with other team in arranging flying & ground packages
- Making follow-ups for tour quotations
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive
- Solve or assist in solving problems of whatever nature, for the benefit of the client. Inclusions, exclusions as well as terms & conditions of a quotation should be highlighted to reduce disputes with clients
- Take ownership of the booking to ensure that customer care of the highest quality is delivered.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree from a recognized institution in Tour and Travel Operations
- Over two year experience as Tour/travel consultant in a busy environment
- Good understanding of client customer service requirement
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task without direct supervision.
- Takes a proactive approach
Experience in selling international holidays is an added advantage
- Familiarity with East Africa’s tourist attractions.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Qualified candidates send cover letter and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating “Tours and Travel Sales Agent” on the subject line. APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20th MAY 2019