Tours & Travels Consultant Jobs, Tours & Travel Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Hospitality Jobs, Corporate Staffing Services Jobs
Our Client is an inbound and outbound Tour Operator specializing in Kenya Safaris, Tanzania, Zanzibar, and Egypt Tours. They are looking for a Travel Consultant with great enthusiasm for traveling who will be responsible for promoting and booking traveling arrangements for clients (individuals or businesses).
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation, itineraries etc.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material such as guides, maps and event programs.
- Costing of the Travel Packages and invoicing.
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns.
- Create and update electronic records of clients and maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Reach the revenue and profit targets
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- At least 2-3 years working experience as a travel consultant
- Excellent knowledge of traveling software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel)
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer-oriented approach
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred