Our Client is an inbound and outbound Tour Operator specializing in Kenya Safaris, Tanzania, Zanzibar, and Egypt Tours. They are looking for a Travel Consultant with great enthusiasm for traveling who will be responsible for promoting and booking traveling arrangements for clients (individuals or businesses).
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation, itineraries etc.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material such as guides, maps and event programs.
- Costing of the Travel Packages and invoicing.
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns.
- Create and update electronic records of clients and maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Reach the revenue and profit targets
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- At least 2-3 years working experience as a travel consultant
- Excellent knowledge of traveling software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel)
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer-oriented approach
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred