Reporting to the Business Development Officer.
The training coordinator will work closely with the program team in the implementation of APDK National Programme on Inclusive service provision to persons with disabilities while ensuring alignment and close working with Government, partners, other service providers and both internal and external stakeholders.
The Training Coordinator will take an active role in providing coordination and technical assistance to programmes and organize trainings and workshops in liaison with the team at the implementing branches of Mombasa, Nairobi and Kisumu. This also includes development, strengthening, and management of relationships with all participating stakeholders.
- A degree in Development studies, social sciences, Education, Human Resource, Public Health and related field appropriate to training assignments.
- Knowledge of training tools and methods.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle: Assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, evaluate & Share learning
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer Facilitator or similar role
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience within NGO sector implementing large-scale/complex development programmes.
- Experience in application of the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) ins development.
- Working knowledge of disability sector in Kenya;
- Effective use of IT including Excel, Word, Power Point and managing database;
- Excellent writing, communication, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Willingness to adhere and commit to APDK Values and Child protection Policy
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Data gathering and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Managing, designing, developing, coordinating all training programs and identifying training materials
- Lead training and coaching programs
- Manage training schedules
- Monitoring and reporting
- Communicating with managers to identify training needs
- Mapping out development plans for teams and individuals
- Any other duty as will be delegated to by the Business Development Officer.
Terms of Contract
The appointment to these positions will be on a two (2) years contract, renewable for one (1) year subject to performance.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications as follows: –
Submit application letter together with CV, a letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for APDK, copies of relevant Certificates and National ID to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post/hand delivery to the address shown below, clearly stating the job reference number on the envelop by close of business on 5th of July 2019 by 5.00pm.
Applications submitted after 5.00 pm on 5th of July, 2019 will not be accepted.
APDK avails equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Completed applications should be submitted to: –
Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya
P.O. Box 46747 – 00100,
Nairobi. Waiyaki Way, Opp. ABC Place/Auto Express
(At the Kabete Orthopedic Compound)