An officer at this level will report to Chief Officer Transport and Infrastructure.
- Standardize procurement procedures for transport and hired equipment
- Generate revenue through leasing and hiring of plant and equipment;
- Schedule of drivers for the various assignment.
- Repair and maintain vehicles, plant and equipment
- Develop procedure manual for disposal of motor vehicles
- Monitor utilization, analyze and generate fuel consumption reports for all vehicles of vehicles, plant and equipment, in the County;.
- Coordinate the department’s technical consultancy services for motor vehicles and plant equipment with other public and private sectors;
- In charge of transport logistics and coordinate all aspects of driver management.
- Prepare income and expenditure forecasts.
- Review the vehicle movement logs on a minimum monthly basis (including surprise checks) to ensure that the logs are recorded in a real time, accurate and comprehensive manner and any deficiencies addressed formally
- Review manuals for hired plant and equipment
- Keep inventory of motor vehicles, plant and equipment in counties;
- Plan and organize the maintenance of all county vehicles, ensuring that service and inspection intervals are adhered to;
- Organize highest standards and regular inspections of County vehicles ;
- Deal with all aspects of the county’s obligations to the Ministry of Transport including vehicle annual tests, record keeping and fleet inspections;
- Manage and maintain a balanced team to cover the workload and ensure that you have adequate breakdown cover at all times outside the working day;
- Ensures that Drivers’ Defect notices are dealt with correctly and all completed defect notes are stored properly;
- Advise the chief officer on vehicle replacement and purchasing policies, displaying a sound knowledge of new vehicle types and vehicle related products and;
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have vast knowledge and relevant work experience of 8 years’ in the relevant field, 3 years of which should have served as Fleet Management officer I or in a comparable position either in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- A bachelor’s degree social sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Higher/ Advanced Diploma in automotive / Fleet Management or related field will be added advantage;
- Valid Class BCE Driving License;
- Experience of fleet/logistics systems a distinct advantage;
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines;
- Fulfilled all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Leadership/ Management Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proven communication and proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of County development objectives of vision 2030;
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the National, Values and Principles of Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010; and
- Demonstrated high degree of professional competence and management capability.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building, Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.