Accounts Assistant Job at The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority
TVETA Grade 8
Vacancy No. TVETA/4/NOV. 2018:
Number of Posts: One (1)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 45,900 – 63,900 pm
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Education established under the TVET Act of 2013. The mandate of the Authority is to promote quality access, equity and relevance in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) by developing standards, inspecting, registering and licensing trainers, institutions and training programmes.
The Authority is seeking result-oriented, self-driven persons with high integrity to fill the following vacant
- Preparing voucher and other committal documents in accordance with the laid down procedures and regulations;
- Assist in the preparation of invoices
- Preparation of simple financial reports
- Undertaking primary data entry
- Ensuring safe custody of accounts documents
- Undertaking primary data entry
- Diploma in Accounting OR Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or Part II of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Computer literacy skills.
How to Apply
Those fulfilling the requirements of the positions should submit their applications clearly quoting the Vacancy/Position and Vacancy Number on the envelope and application.
The application MUST be accompanied with a detailed C.V stating the current position, work experience, postal address, telephone and email contacts, and copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates (only those stated in the job requirements) and, relevant work testimonials. Further, interested applicants are required to fill the Employment Form.
Those making online applications can access the Form via link https://goo.gl/forms/Kg2HrkW50s0iVGk02
Applicants submitting hard copy applications can download and fill the Employment Form from our website.
Applicants are also expected to provide email, telephone and postal contacts of three(3) referees.
All applications should reach the Director General on or before 18th December, 2018 at 5.00 pm.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director General
P.O Box 35625- 00100
Forward the applications via email address: email@example.com
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fee on job applicants. Male and female potential candidates living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applicants who will be invited for interview will be expected to produce valid copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations when they appear for interview in fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
- Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this advertisement;
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
- Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance.