Fleet Coordinator Job at Twiga Foods
Twiga is a supplier of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables (FFV) to vendors in urban African markets. They provide their cashless B2B system to serve a distribution network of kiosks, small scale vendors, mama mbogas and more. Twiga’s goal is to make high quality goods easily accessible to vendors at a more reasonable cost.
Twiga is looking to recruit a fleet coordinator, with experience overseeing a fleet of at least 30+ vehicles. Over the next 24 months, it is intended that the fleet will increase to 100+ and therefore the need for a resource to oversee the repair, maintenance and servicing of the fleet of vehicles.
Roles for the Fleet Coordinator Job
- Managing the fleet and assuring that the deliveries are made in time (logistics scheduling)
- Supervision of minor mechanic / electric repairs on-site
- Coordinating with external garages / part suppliers on major works
- Managing the Fleet Supervisor and a team of Drivers
- Implementing and monitoring a preventive maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance
- Overseeing renewal of insurance policies and vehicle inspection
- Ensuring that all the vehicles are road worthy and have the necessary permits / licenses to be on the road
- Monitoring and controlling supplies and equipment; order parts, supplies and tools
- Tracking fuel data and implementing cost savings measures on the same.
- Reporting on the tracker system installed on vehicles – anomalies, trends, and implementing recommendations on the same.
Fleet Coordinator Job Qualifications:
- A relevant degree in a technical field related to mechanical / electrical works.
- Previous management experience 2+ years working in a workshop / body shop managing a fleet of vehicles ranging of Tuk-tuks, delivery vans, etc
- Experience working as a mechanic / electrical technician preferably in the automotive industry
- A seasoned driver with a valid driver’s license
- Ability to handle and manage a team of drivers /mechanics
- Ability to think out of the box & a willingness to get their hands dirty
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Proficient with the NTSA website
- Proficient with Microsoft excel
How to Apply
Click here to apply. All applications should be sent through the link before 20th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted