Underwriting Officer Jobs, Insurance Jobs, Jobs In Thika, Brites Management Jobs
Our client is an insurance firm that offers a seamless accompaniment of personalized general insurance services, with optimal coverage of client’s needs. The company has consistently demonstrated that the best way to serve its customers is to understand their business and their needs, and then to craft customized solutions and provide superior customer support that is personalized, thorough and always there when the customers need it.
- Compute competitive quotations in line with the underwriting philosophy and discuss them with clients
- Underwrite general insurance
- Print certificates and car stickers
- Collect background information and assess risk
- Analyze statistical data using specialist computer programs
- Prepare quotes and negotiate the terms with brokers and clients
- Prepare insurance policy terms and conditions
- Liaise with insurance brokers and customers
- Prepare regular management reports on production and other relevant reports.
- Develop an underwriting manual and update it as and when need be
- Process debits and credits and issue insurance certificates
- Submit risk notes and obtain policy documents
- Prepare and issue renewal notice
- Assist in product development
- Risk profiling on suspect claims to establish under writing gaps.
- Client relationship management
- Degree in a Business related course
- Diploma in Insurance
- Must possess AIIK or ACII qualifications
- Must have at least 6 years’ experience in a brokerage firm or an insurance firm
- Demonstrate an understanding of key laws and rules guiding insurance brokers, insurance companies and customers in the market
- Experience in general underwriting of motor vehicles, WIBA etc.
- Possess excellent risk management experience
- Integrity and ethical values
- Should be able to exhibit great Interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident decision-making skills
- Numeracy and statistical skills
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work;
- The ability to work with tight deadlines
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.