Assistant Procurement Operations Manager Job Kenya at Unilever East Africa
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
On Friday 15th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, whilst continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019.
Your Main Responsibilities: –
- Support procurement E2E Operations Manager in developing and implementing cluster strategy
- Act as first point of contact in Africa for issues/questions relating to procurement of raw and pack materials andbusiness services
- Handle diverse customer, supplier or operational issues when they arise
- Support the management and maintenance of supplier relationships in Africa Cluster
- Support security of key materials through the development of contingency plans and alternative materials andsuppliers
- Ensure timely inputs to global/regional project development and OTIF execution of global/regional projects in Africa
- Prepare information and analysis of the portfolio, including price benchmarking and total cost analysis, to enable proper budgeting, cash forecasting and forecast variance analysis as needed
- Support delivery of cost savings and innovation agenda in the Africa Cluster
- Support the financial analysis of the portfolio, including price benchmarking and total cost analysis
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
- Min 3 year experience involving either procurement or supply chain or project management in an FMCG
- Interest in sustainability and/or sustainable development / sustainable systems design
- Great personal organisation skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines in the multicultural environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly (both written and in presentations)
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply now through our recruitment portal on or before 20th April 2018.