Director Veterinary Services Jobs, Veterinary Medicine Jobs, Agriculture Jobs, County Government Jobs, Uasin Gishu County Jobs
Advert Number CPSB/DIR/VET/02
- Supervise animal health programs and veterinary public health activities within the county.
- Coordinate implementation of animal disease control activities such as surveillance, treatment and vaccination.
- Participate in developing disease control strategies that ensure reduced incidences of disease outbreaks and eventually create disease free zones.
- Management of information systems for the animal health sector in the county.
- Technical capacity development for the animal sector need i.e. training for the core functions
- Livestock, Fisheries & Veterinary Services. •
- Organization and management of veterinary, directorate and resources in the county.
- Supervises all private Animal health providers in the county
- Supervises hides and skins development activities within the county
- Provide licenses to all artificial inseminators in the county
- Compile annual, quarterly and monthly reports on veterinary activities
- Ensure smooth running of livestock markets and issue movement control
- Plans vaccination activities and other disease control measures
- Coordinate programs on the control of animal diseases
- Provide technical advice to the Chief Officer in matters relating to veterinary services in the County especially on policy and legislation.
- Ensure timely response to disease outbreak by enforcing livestock improvement regulations.
- Organize stakeholder’s forum for example workshops, field days and agricultural shows.
- Budgeting for veterinary services in the county
- Supervise revenue collection from meat inspection, vaccinations, licensing, livestock, movement permits and breeding services
- Custodian of all physical assets under veterinary section
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Science or its equivalent from a recognized academic institution.
- Seven (7) years’ experience, Three (3) years of which must have been in a senior management level in an institution either in public or private sector
- Certificate in Supervisory Skills Course lasting not less than Four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Registration by Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB)
- Be conversant with policy formulation and implementation.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Devolution, the County development objectives and vision 2030.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
- Be computer literate.
How to Apply