Who We Are:
Daystar University is a top private Chartered Christian University in Kenya. We wish to recruit a Vice Chancellor to help spearhead our Vision and Mission.
- Chief steward of the University’s Vision and Mission
- Implementation of the University Strategic Plan
- Overall responsibility for planning, implementation and regular overview of the University’s academic resources and programs
- Providing effective and efficient management of the University’s assets and facilities including human, financial, administrative, industrial and information management resources
- Creating an enabling environment for knowledge sharing, effective research and consultancy
- Ensuring the authentic Christian spirituality and social well-being of the university community
- Ensuring the recruitment of qualified faculty and other personnel
- Providing leadership for quality assurance
- Providing leadership for fundraising, marketing, communication and networking with relevant partners and stakeholders
- Promotion of good governance practices including ethics and integrity
- Hold a PhD from a recognized university.
- An academician with considerable research and teaching experience of at least 10 years at University level.
- Must have served administratively at the level of Deputy Vice-Chancellor or equivalent for at least five (5) years and published papers in refereed journals.
- Mature evangelical Christian with a sterling above reproach reputation of integrity, known for adherence to biblical principles and has evidence of faithful involvement in the local church.
- Excellent leadership, managerial and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to lead programs.
- Familiarity with the operations of private universities will have an added advantage.
- Should be an excellent team leader with the capacity of identifying and managing internal and external stakeholders of the university while mobilizing and leading effective teams.
- Have a broad understanding of the Financial Management of a University. As well as a capacity for resources mobilization and fundraising.
- Have a track record of fostering partnerships with churches and other organizations, nationally, regionally and Internationally.
- Have a track record of resource mobilization for research, scholarships and development.
- Demonstrate an understanding, and be able to promote and enhance the existing and emerging technological innovations for better learning and management of the institutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the trends in Christian Higher Education Internationally.
- Have a capacity to initiate, manage and implement a time-bound strategic plan for the benefit of the stakeholders and service provision for the university.
How To Apply:
Email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 28th December 2018
Ensure you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your cover letter
NOTE: DO NOT apply using the online button. Email your application directly to the email address provided above.
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted