Chief Officer – Vocational Training Job at Nandi County
Job Group “S”
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As prescribed by SRC
Nandi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position.
Vocational Training Officer Job Responsibilities
- The administration of a County department
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals.
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
- Implementation of policies and regulations
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Vocational Training Officer Job
- Be a Kenya citizen.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya; possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Being a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied will be added an advantage
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, five of which should be in a managerial position
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development (CIDP) objectives and vision 2030
- Be a strategic thinker and results oriented
- Have excellent communication organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Be computer literate.
How to Apply
Applicants must furnish, alongside their applications, copies of the following documents:
- Copy of national identity card;
- Letter from the local chief;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates; and testimonials
- Curriculum Vitae.
Interested candidates from Job groups (‘L’ AND ABOVE )MUST submit the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies-
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Good Conduct).
- R.B (Credit Reference Bureau )
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked the position being applied for on the left side and addressed to:
Nandi County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 802-30300
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Nandi county Public service Board. To reach the office not later than 25th October, 2018 at 5.00 p.m
N/B: Women, persons with disability, the youth and people from marginalized groups who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.