Waiter & Waitress Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- High school certificate
- Certificate in food & Beverage Service and Sales;
- Food safety training is an added advantage.
- Two years’ experience is required.
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress.
- Hands-on experience with ordering information system.
- Basic math skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Waiter/Waitress) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th June 2019. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.