Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions. They are seeking to hire an individual to oversee the warehousing and logistics function which includes efficient receipt, storage, FG re-handling and dispatch to customers ensure productivity targets are achieved and compliance to warehouse processes and controls.
Gross Salary: 140k – 200k
- Oversee end to end warehouse processes i.e receiving, put away, warehousing, stock controls, dispatch and distribution.
- Ensure compliance to warehouse safety and housekeeping standards.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Plan and facilitate inventory management, demand planning and ensure sufficient stocks are maintained
- Monitor supplies’ cycle, track goods and services to ensure delivery to specifications and standards
- Provide work plans,route plans, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results for the warehouse and logistics team.
- Build and manage a network of third-party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers.
- Coordinate with finance and audit for stock taking & stock reconciliation, manage stock control and reconcile with the system.
- Regular layout review and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Develop and implement an integrated logistics strategy monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and warehousing of goods.
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Procurement and Supplies, Stores and Inventory Management, Commerce, Economics, or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- A postgraduate Diploma In Procurement/Supply Chain Management from a reputable institution,
- A member in good standing of the Kenya Institute of Supply Chain Management (KISCM), with a valid practicing certificate, as stipulated in the Supplies Practitioners Management Act 2007
- Knowledge and relevant experience of not less than eight (8) years in warehousing and logistics with three (2) years at managerial level.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Quality management process.
- Knowledge of materials control and inventory management.
- Basic understanding of warehousing, principles and procedures.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Kaizen, GMP and factory processes & technology.
- Demonstrated work experience with SAP.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply