The job holder will be responsible for the demand planning function to ensure the stocking levels are able to meet the forecast sales levels and provide day to day supervision of the assigned warehouses.
- Ensure effective and efficient lead time management of stock inventory at all times to guarantee stock availability at all times to achieve a zero tolerance to stock-out situations as per stock policy/procedures;
- Attend the supply commercial division planning team to advice on the stock levels and develop forecast for required production levels to ensure meeting market requirements;
- Define and enforce the adherence to the minimum stock re-order levels and that space utilization in the warehouses are optimized to maximize business returns;
- Oversee and ensure that regular stock takes are carried out and that any stock variances are accounted for / justified by responsible Store Controllers and Store Clerks and that daily cross referencing on stock movements is ascertained;
- Ensure the effective implementation, maintenance and sustainability of the quality management system, stock controls and customer service standards at the warehouses;
- Plan, verify and approve all inter-warehouses stock transfers – in bound and out bound stocks to authorize any stock movements;
- Review and recommend for destruction process for non-conforming stocks in the warehouses in line with relevant customs regulations and or quality standards and procedures;
- Support the head of department in managing the human capital in the section through day to day supervision, performance management, Talent management and development and overall staff motivation.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in warehousing operations with at least two (2) years in a supervisory level within a busy FMCG environment; (A must);
- Bachelors’ degree in a business related field;
- Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies will be an added advantage;
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems;
- A thorough knowledge of the stock management process with a clear link to business objectives;
- Individual must have strong end to end supply chain knowledge (manufacturing, logistics, customer operations, project management).
How to Apply
Send your updated to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th Jan 2019. Clearly indicate the job title