Wildlife Secretary Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs.164,780 – 320,040 p.m. (CSG 4)
Terms of Service: Contract (3 Years Renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance)
- a minimum service period of twelve (12) years, three of which should be at a senior level of policy formulation and management either in the public sector or the Private Sector;
- a Bachelors degree from a recognized University in any of the following areas: Economics, Natural Resources, Law, Finance, Environmental Sciences, Business Management (Strategy) or any other related qualifications;
- A Masters degree from a recognized University in any of the following areas: Economics, Natural Resources, Law, Finance, Environmental Sciences, Business Management (Strategy) or any other related qualifications;
- Demonstrated strong managerial/ Leadership skills; and
The overall functions of the Secretary Wildlife will be to provide leadership on strategy and policy direction in Wildlife service and management and supervise the Technical Directorates in the State Department. The specific duties and responsibilities of the officer at this level will entail:
- Advise the State Department on promotion and sustainable exploitation, utilization, management and conservation of wildlife resources;
- Developing and strengthening of linkages among local, regional and international stakeholders on wildlife matters;
- Oversee domestication of protocols, conventions and agreements on wildlife conservation;
- Formulation, interpretation and review of Wildlife policies, legislation and standards;
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of wildlife policies, legislations and standards and develop sustainable strategies for utilization of Wildlife resources;
- Spearhead innovations, technologies and emerging approaches to sustainable wildlife conservation and coordinate preparation and gazettement of ecosystems and protected area plans;
- Monitor the Sagas and other non-State agencies compliance with management of Wildlife policies, guidelines and legal requirements and advise its State Department;
- Develop mechanisms for effective public participation in the management and protection of Wildlife resources; and
- Mobilize resources both local and international towards conservation of Wildlife.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019