Young Professionals Programme, KIPPRA Jobs
Ref No. KIPPRA/YP/19/20
In line with The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)’s mandate of developing human and institutional capacities required for the formulation of medium and long-term strategic perspectives for national development, KIPPRA runs an annual Young Professionals (YP) Training Programme in the areas of Public Policy Process, Research Methods (Concepts, Data and techniques), Governance structures in a Devolved system of Government, Research Ethics and Macroeconomic Modeling. By the end of the training the participants are expected to produce publishable research outputs.
The objective of the YP Programme is to develop young professionals in the area of public policy research and offer them an opportunity to gain on-the-job experience, expand their knowledge and build professional networks. Young Professionals are placed for one year in the following Research Departments and within a key focus area namely:
- Macroeconomics Department: Public Debt Dynamics in Kenya & Macro-modelling for policy analysis;
- Productive Sector Department: Achieving Food & Nutrition Security through effective & efficient markets;
- Social Sector Department: Status of Children in Kenya;
- Infrastructure and Economic Services Department: Role of infrastructure in effective delivery of the Big 4 agenda in Kenya;
- Private Sector Development Department: Employment Creation through industrialization and Financing needs of private sector;
- Governance Department: Supporting county governments in enhancing social accountability; and
- Trade and Foreign Policy Department: Enhancing competitiveness to advance Kenya’s economic and geo-political interests.
Qualifications for admission to the Programme
For admission to the programme, the following are the minimum qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Economics, or related social sciences;
- Bachelors Degree in Economics or related social sciences;
- Be below 35 years of age;
- Have at least one (1) year practical experience in the proposed area of training; and
- Computer Skills including knowledge in statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, E-VIEWS).
In addition to the qualifications set above, applicants must further meet and get the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered.
- Applicants from the Public Sector will be required to submit an endorsement from the Principal Secretary/CEO of their respective Ministry, Department or Agency
- KIPPRA will NOT offer employment after completion of the program.
How To Apply
Applicants are requested to submit duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website, cover letter, CVs, copies of certificates & testimonials in hard/soft copy. Hard copies should be delivered to the address provided below while soft copies submitted through email address firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the department of interest and reference number on the subject line on or before Tuesday 30th April 2019 at 17:00 hrs.
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City Square,
Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer.