By Susan Gitonga
Landing a job in the Accounting Profession is easy, but very competitive. A good number of Kenyans have Accounting skills and qualifications, which makes the Accounting job market very competitive.
In order to stand out to get a job, your CV is the first and most important key to unlocking an Accounting job.
As a person working in a purely HR Firm, I can guarantee you that having an excellent CV is going to make all the difference when looking for a job.
This is especially so for Online Applications.
An advertised Accounting Job will have so many entries and employers will spend roughly 5 seconds looking at each CV.
Caroline Kariuki, a Recruitment Manager at Corporate Staffing Services says that when she receives Job Applications, how a CV looks matters a lot!
Secondly, how have you tailored your CV to suit the job you are applying for?
Do your previous roles indicated on your CV align with the current job description of the job you’re applying for?
All these areas are very crucial when it comes to CV writing and it’s upon you to send a great Cv to an employer.
In order to have a winning Accounting CV this year, have a look at the following Free CV Sample for an Accounting Job:
Zawadi Wanjiru Kiiru
P.O Box 304 Nairobi
A Finance Graduate who has been awarded for her exemplary performance in Junior Accounting responsibilities in all the firms she has worked for. I have proven myself and demonstrate my abilities, creativity, attention to details, keenness, hard work and enthusiasm for the roles I have been given previously.
I have worked closely with Finance Managers and have gained the required skills and proficiency in handling budgets and financial reports. I am currently seeking an entry level Accounting Job, where I can grow and provide my knowledge and Accounting skills to a company in order to contribute to its growth and success.
Read Also >>> Free CV Sample Format For Kenyan Job Market
Date of Birth: xxx
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFCATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant, KCA University
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K)- Vision Institute of Professionals
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, B (Plain), Name of High School, 2000-2003
Registered member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with word processing, excel spreadsheets, accountancy packages and power point Ability to compile, verify, analyse, interpret and disseminate critical financial data
- Ability to work well with Computerized Accounting, QuickBooks, Sage And Pastel, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Power Point, Ms-Access, Internet
- Experience of working to tight deadlines with limited resources
Highly organized, proactive, hardworking, focused, & have attention to detail
Strathmore Finance department 2008-2011;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Petty cash managements-reimbursements to staff for office expenditure, paying casual staff
- Posting of expenses on to the financial system
- Filling NSSF,NHIF returns
- Payment of suppliers
Name of Company, Duration
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisted in establishing and maintaining cash controls, recruited new clients
- Maintained revenue and expenditure reports, maintained efficient filling systems
- Received and issued cash, established, maintained and reconciled the general ledger
- Monitored cash reserves, prepared and reconciled bank statements
- Issued cheques for all accounts due, assisted in preparing income statements
- Assisted in preparing balance sheets
Significant Work Experience:
Intern-Finance/Accounts Department, Lake Basin Development Authority, 2007
Reading, Youth activities & Community Service
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic and performance.
Got any CV questions? Speak to a Professional today. Contact: email@example.com
Susan is a Communications Officer at Career Point Kenya. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org