General Manager Job at Eunique Africa
Eunique Africa is an established fashion house and is seeking to fill the position of a General Manager, reporting to the executive director with the objective of enhancing smooth operations within the organization, and fostering sustainable business relations with internal and external stakeholders.
The General Manager will handle and coordinate all aspects of the operations of the business including procurement, technical operations, financial analysis, accounting, marketing, sales, customer service, human resources, quality control, payment collection.
The right candidate will have experience in running a business, leading a multidisciplinary team, managing external stakeholders, executing financial analyses, managing risks / opportunities and coaching staff for improved performance.
He or she will have affinity with sales.
Duties for the General Manager Job
- Contribute the development and review of policies and their implementation.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Maintain operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the fashion industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develop a concise growth plan that is based on well thought out rationale/assumptions.
- Management of the business including setting targets and objectives (financial, service, quality and people related), and to take positive action to ensure their achievement
- Periodically conduct external and internal business analysis to understand, and adapt to changing client needs
- To evaluate and verify all other departmental daily reports and advise the Executive Directors including on daily sales and all aspects of operations
- To provide the management with monthly reports on the operations
- To promote the organisation amongst key Corporates and Business
- Provide coaching and support for optimal motivation and performance; deploy a performance based pay scheme that includes ‘quality’ and ‘quantity’ parameters
- Ensure that the company is compliant with relevant Kenya’s Laws
- Undertake regular risk assessments and put in place risk mitigation measures using an appropriate risk management matrix.
- Undertake other duties necessary for the success of the company, including identification and development of other relevant business systems.
General Manager Job Requirements
- BSc or BA in Management Administration or equivalent, with specialization (second class upper division or higher).
- Advanced knowledge of relevant administrative and/or operating protocols and policies of the function.
- Operations/ management related professional qualifications
- Professional qualifications and membership/ affiliation to relevant professional bodies.
- Advanced managerial competence.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Proven previous experience as an office administrator or operation officer or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Budgeting, financial planning
- Sales performance tracking
- Business development
- Business strategy
- Strong organisational skills; meets deadlines; plans ahead; methodical approach
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to problem solve
- Self-sufficient and able to research information and source support as required
- Ability to deal with difficult situations, challenging stakeholders; staffing issues
- Cash flow and cash flow forecast management
- Experience of meeting statutory criteria – licences, health & safety aspects and government requirements
Complexity of thinking needed
- Work is complex, technical in scope and involves substantial problem solving
- Regularly requires a combination of mental abilities such as probing, analysis, careful judgment, flexible and original thinking, and creativity.
- Needs high level of emotional intelligence to deal with a variety of staff attitudes and maintain a firm and fair stand without getting personally flustered.
- Involves application of concepts from management discipline.
- Need to understand the linkages with other disciplines. Create multi-disciplinary teams.
Information Technology skills needed
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level. Typically this would include minor programming using macros, mail merge, designing customized reports, developing audio visual presentations, etc. with occasional assistance.
- Advanced skills in Windows Operating System, LAN, and Internet
- The position requires a person showing initiative with a good common sense, an analytical mind, good leadership skills, showing respect and confidence and being able to relate to the situations and needs of centre personnel.
- The incumbent needs to have a sense of responsibility, discretion, with good communication skills, being able to relate to people and provide advice.
- Working in a team and under pressure is equally important for this position.
How to Apply
To apply send you application to email@example.com by C.O.B 15th June 2017. Include your current and expected salary in the application.