This position reports to the Deputy Director Policy and Planning and is responsible for conducting policy research on Remuneration Benefit, Policy Analysis and Planning for Public Sector remuneration and benefit for the fulfilment of the Commission mandate.
- Undertaking timely policy analysis to establish impact of various Remuneration and Benefits packages to the Public Service to ensure equity.
- Undertake macro and micro economic studies on Remuneration and Benefits for the Public Service.
- Carry out periodical benchmarking of the Commission’s policies with related comparators.
- Undertake research to inform the development of Commission Policies
- Preparing annual and quarterly progress reports for the division
- Disseminate Commission Policies to stakeholders
- Prepare policy briefs for the Commission to inform decision making
- Coordinate the implementation of Public Sector Remuneration and Benefits Policy by related stakeholders
- Participate in the review of the Strategic Plan of the Commission
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or any other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following discipline; Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Proven related experience of at least seven (8) years, three (3) of which must be in a comparable position from a reputable and comparable organization.
- Related Professional qualification.
- Been conversant with Public Service Policies and practices on remuneration systems.
- Good understanding of the Kenyan labour laws.
- Demonstrated competencies capability in handling remuneration matters.
- Membership to a related professional body.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Ability to appropriately communicate sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- Have strong analytical, verbal and written skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent knowledge of related computer packages.
- Demonstrated leadership and integrity qualities as set out in sixth chapter of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the Public service Values and principle as defined in the Constitution.
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 26th March, 2019.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.