Your CV is the tool that sets you apart from another applicant. It is what your prospective employer comes into contact with, in finding out the value you will bring to the company. If you are looking for a job in administration, here is what your CV should look like:
P.O Box 12345-00200, Nairobi
Tel: +254 721 234 566
Career Profile Summary
I am a keen to detail professional with experience handling administration, customer service and front desk operations. Among the roles I have handled include; receiving and directing visitors to the respective person, making and receiving calls from clients, organizing General Manager’s Diary, setting reminders and booking appointment for meetings, making Travel arrangements, accommodating for the General Manager, sorting out and compiling files, offering secretarial and correspondence support and carrying out the timely payment of office bills. In addition, I am confident of my ability to offer excellent time management skills, great attention to details, and proficiency in the performance of all tasks assigned to me. My goal is to secure a position in administration where my competences will be utilized in performing my roles and achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Diploma in Business Management- Kenya Institute of Management; 2008 to 2009.
- Advanced Certificate in Business Management- Kenya Institute of Management; 2007.
- Certificate Business Management– Kenya Institute of Management, 2007.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education- XYZ Girls High School; 1999 to 2002.
Key Skill and Competencies
- Administration Skills: Experienced in managing administrative functions for example handling emails and telephone calls, organizing meetings for the boss, ensuring the smooth running of office operations and ensuring that office equipment is well maintained or handled.
- Front Office Management: Well versed with receiving and directing visitors to the respective person.
- Customer Relations: Expert in customer relations having successfully managed client expectations by understanding their needs, meeting them and applying professionalism.
- Office Management: Acquired skills in general office administration duties for example; interacting with clients, ensuring the proper filing of office documents.
- Relationship Management: Capacity to build trust and rapport with clients, understanding their business and their needs, and is available to their clients at all times.
- Phone Etiquette: Well versed in handling calls using the standard telephone etiquette procedure with an aim to understand the callers request and fulfilling it.
- Communication skills: Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate with all the staff working in the department and taking time to listen to staff enquiries, complaints and identifying their needs.
- ICT competence: Skilled in navigating the MS suite, the Internet and Emails.
Sales and Customer Service Attendant
Hotpoint Appliances Limited; May 2015 to Date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing product and service information to assist customers in making decisions about the product.
- Assisting in locating products.
- Answered and responded to customer inquiries on showroom products.
- Took client orders and sold available products.
- Ensured that items were delivered as programmed.
- Displayed products in a pleasing and attractive manner.
- Assisted other staff with arrangement of showroom in order to ensure a clean working and shopping place.
- Triumphed in meeting my sales targets by 100% since I joined Hotpoint Appliances Limited.
- Successfully ensured presence on the floor so that no customer was left unattended which contributed to the increase of daily sales.
- Prospered in increasing sales by almost Kshs.26, 000,000 in a single fiscal year by employing modern selling techniques derived from in-house sales training programs.
- Successfully guaranteed that the department was always fully stocked which led to an increase in floor sales by 50%.
- Accomplished participating in sales promotional campaigns that resulted in increased sales of Kshs.500, 000 and the company exceeding its annual sales targets by 25%.
- Triumphed in increasing my territories client base through social media and other avenues by 30% year- on –year.
- Successfully managed to decrease the shelf audit time by 30% by suggesting day to day mini audits to ensure product availability and placement.
- Accomplished managing to open several corporate accounts between the years 2016 to 2018.
Secretary/ Administrative Assistant (Marketing Department)
Hwan Sung Industries Limited; July 2012 to April 2015
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carried out General Office cleanliness.
- Offered secretarial support, correspondence support, mail handling, scanning, binding, filing, archiving and retrieval of information while ensuring confidentiality.
- Organized General Manager’s Diary, setting reminders and booked appointment for meetings.
- Made Travel arrangements and organized accommodation for the General Manager.
- Attended meetings on behalf of the General Manager (Marketing Department) and wrote down minutes.
- Sorted out and compiled files and ensured they were up to date.
- Wrote and edited end month reports for the Marketing Department.
- Ensured prompt payment of VAT, NHIF and NSSF before deadlines.
- Stored Petty Cash and general book keeping.
- Acted as a liaison between Marketing Department and other departments in the organization.
- Facilitated Designing by AutoCAD and Home Designer Software
- Advised clients about the design site.
- Got measurements for the design site
- Carried out research about the new designs in the market.
Customer Service Assistant.
- Provided product and service information to assist customers in making decision about product.
- Answered and responded to customer inquiries on products.
- Picked out consistent or recurring problems about product and services and forwarded to th Team Manager.
- Ensured Customer queries were well investigated and resolved.
- Maintained a professional strong working relationship with internal and external customers, Customer Service Management and Colleagues.
Branded Solutions Services/ Mobile Platform Solutions Limited; September 2010 to March 2012
Duties and Responsibilities
- Received and directed visitors.
- Answered both internal and external queries.
- Channeled telephone calls to different departments in the organization.
- Ensured all members were served to their satisfaction.
- Arranged meetings and conferences including preparing agendas and meetings.
- Offered secretarial and correspondence support, mail handling, filing archiving and retrieval of information whilst ensuring confidentiality.
- Served as a liaison between departments to ensure a manageable flow of work.
- Carried out the timely payment of office bills.
- Facilitated general office organization and cleanliness.
Other Past Experiences
- Office Assistant; Nasarog Safaris, June to December 2009- managed office files, received and channeled telephone calls and emails and carried out general office cleanliness.
Name of the Position
You can use the above CV to come up with yours or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a review.