Senior Economist Job, Latest Job Vacancies In Kenya,
The job exists to facilitate successful implementation of PPP process cycle from project identification to procurement of partner, & economic and financial appraisal of projects.
- Draft the Company PPP policy.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary Projects Appraisal Team (PAT)
- Participate in the procurement process of PPP Private Party
- Coordinate the transaction advisory services and other related activities through to financial close.
- Engage the various stakeholders including financiers, various government agencies and the community.
- Carry out economic and financial analysis of KenGen plants earmarked for redevelopment and/or new projects proposed for capacity expansion.
- Draft project investment proposals/concepts for projects suitable for implementation under the PPP arrangement for submission to the PPP committee
- Plan and implement the PPP projects ensuring compliance with the PPP Legal framework and Regulations.
- Facilitate acquisition of approvals from relevant authorities in line with the PPP legal framework.
- Consistently monitor implementation of advisory services to ensure adherence to the PPP Legal framework and Regulations issued by the National Treasury.
- Participate in the preparation of the National and Regional Power Master Plans including National Least Cost Power Development Plan (LCPDP) and Eastern Africa power Pool Master Plan while ensuring that all KenGen projects are included in the Plans.
- Maintain technical and financial database on Power Station operation statistics such as availability, utilization.
- Monitor and carry out trend analysis of the Company performance financial and non-financial using Key Performance Indicators (KPIS) and other ratios to assist the management in making critical decisions in a competitive business environment.
- Develop proposals and forward budgets for the Company on new investment projects.
- Review feasibility studies and other documentation that may require technical and financial input.
Job Competencies (Knowledge & Experience )
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a related field
- Relevant professional qualification and membership to a relevant professional body
- A minimum five ( 5 ) years of relevant experience in an energy generating environment
- Minimum Years of Working Experience : 5 Minimum Education Level : Undergraduate